Monday, March 06, 2006

Kirby Puckett died today. I once went to a kindergarten costume party dressed as Kirby, though I think the illusion was somewhat unconvincing due to me being a 5 year old white kid. My mom used to say he was built like a fire plug, and I remember her cheering as we watched him tie the World Series record for runs scored in a single series game. Of course I had only the vaguest understanding of baseball at the time, but I knew that Kirby Puckett hit homers and made my mom chuckle, so I liked him the best.

RIP, Kirby.

2 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was a hero to our generation in MN. He will be missed.

 
At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I haven't seen a fat guy fly like that since 91, and I almost hope I never will again.

So author, how precise is your understanding of baseball today?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home