Friday, April 20, 2007

Last night, Himself and I are laying around in our underwear watching TV. In this show, the guy and girl have broken up and the guy calls in to a radio station to request a song for his girl in the hopes of making up.

Himself remarks, "If we ever broke up, I would call in to a radio station and tell them to play that Titanic song by Celine Dion, dedicated to you. And I would tell them it's because it's your favorite song."

I reply with theatrical gagging noises.

Himself points out, "Well, see, now you have to stay with me. Or else people will think you like Celine Dion."

A pillow fight ensued.

Ahh, romance.

4 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Aleks said...

The sleepless nights, the daily fights,
The quick toboggan when you reach the heights,
I miss the kisses, and I miss the bites,
I wish I were in love again.

The broken dates, the endless waits,
The lovely loving, and the hateful hates,
The conversations with the flying plates,
I wish I were in love again.

No more pain, no more strain,
Now I'm sane, but I would rather be punch-drunk.

The pulled out fur of cat and cur,
The fine mismating of a him and her,
I've learned my lesson, but I wish I were
In love again.

The furtive sigh, the blackened eye,
The words: "I love you, 'til the day I die”,
The self deception that believes the lie,
I wish I were in love again.

When love congeals it soon reveals,
The faint aroma of performing seals,
The double-crossing of a pair of heels,
I wish I were in love again.

No, no more care, no, no despair,
Now I'm all there (now), but I'd rather be punch-drunk.

Believe me sir, I much prefer,
The classic battle of a him and her,
I don't like quiet, and I wish I were,
In love again

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aleks,

if these are your words, you need to publish them. if not, i would love to know whose they are. "the flying plates"... the imagery is perfection. thanks for sharing this.

daddio

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Brian S said...

That is brutal, and totally unfair, and so what I'm going to tell Amy at some point in the future.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Aleks said...

Daddio,
That song's from Babes In Arms. So, whoever wrote the music for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home