Sunday, November 14, 2004

Sometimes a total stranger will write something that is absolutely, positively aimed directly at me.

On The Utility Of Minneapolis-St. Paul As A Base Of Opperations For Various Well-Known Superheroes or Super Teams.
    [An exerpt] "Spider-Man: Poor. The lack of a single, concentrated downtown area would greatly hinder Spider-Man's preferred method of transportation. Given that there's not much higher than three stories after you get out of the two downtowns, swinging from building to building isn't going to work. It's not difficult to imagine Spider-Man standing on Nicollet Mall in downtown Minneapolis, hearing that thugs have taken over the Xcel Center over in St. Paul, and cursing under his breath as he runs to I-94, forced to affix a web to the top of a bus and ride it across town."
I suppose this particular work of genius could be just as much in tune with all other superhero-loving Twin City natives, and not just to myself, but I would far rather assume a more ego-centric perspective and conclude that the authors were directly channeling my subconsious when they penned it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home