Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Tomorrow is moving day. I'm shlepping my ass half way across the country to an apartment I have never seen, attending a grad school I am probably not prepared for, entering a life I'm not sure I want.

So why am I in such a good mood?

I think going to college was a means of lulling me into a false sense of confidence. It wasn't ever supposed to actually prepare me for what comes next, or to make me more likely to succeed, it was just supposed to convince me that I have been well prepared. It had nothing to do with building skills or experience, but was a matter of making me so sure of myself that I would be willing to take the necessary leap into the real world with a smile on my face.

We'll see if I'm still smiling a month from now, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home