Monday, May 03, 2004

I came across this really interesting article relating the Christian religion to an abusive household; it's got some interesting points and a lot of citations of scripture. Here's one particularly provocative statement from it:

"Perhaps this is why they crucified Jesus. God had been killing their innocent children for centuries, and now they saw their chance to get even."

See what you think.

UPDATE:
Okay, I think now it's official, given this article I found about the Tornado of '03. A survivor stated, "I knelt between the futon and the hide-a-bed in the basement and prayed. I knew that God loves me and that I love him. God has moved through this whole ordeal. I give God the credit that we came through this all."

Yes, he beats you because he loves you. It's not his fault that you make him lose his temper like that, after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home