Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Okay, here's another for the "Wha...?" files:

On one of my rambles through the fetid back alley of society we call the internet, I happened upon a site dedicated to the charitable cause of raising Rapture awareness. These kind souls make it their mission to get the good word out on the as-yet-undisclosed day when God will make all the good Christians disappear from the Earth. While one might have a hard time imagining how to top such articles as "Will My Pets Join Me When The End-Time Is Upon Us?" and "Donuts In Heaven," the emails from readers actually manage to trump the site material itself. Here's one I especially like:

    "Hi Todd, I had an idea last week filled with urgency to make small stickers (Avery Mail Labels) and stick them everywhere I could get them. When the rapture takes us up, those left behind will surely be going through the “stuff” we leave behind, especially our billfolds and homes. I took the liberty to refer everyone to your site. You might want to encourage others to do something similar. I have the stickers on my computer, in my wallet, in our truck, over my computer at work and anywhere else I can get away with sticking them. The stickers read: “If those around you suddenly vanish, go to www.raptureready.com on the internet. Look under "Left Behind" This will give you information as to what has happened and what you need to do next.” I hope this will help in some small way to get the word out."

Nice of the fellow to label everything he can, so we all know what not to touch if we are trying to avoid the full-blown-batshit-crazy virus he suffers from. And if following the trail of stickers turns out to be a little more than you can handle, the site founder has provided an even simpler way for you to sort out your place in the Rapture.

Ah, good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home