Sunday, May 02, 2004

If there's one thing I absolutely can't stand, it's when somebody ruins the ending. Don't drop hints about who the killer really is, don't let it slip that Vader is Luke's father, and don't you fucking dare tell me what my birthday present is going to be. If I can't figure it out on my own then I want it to be a surprise.

Once you know how it's all going to end you pretty much are just going through the motions. I don't know of anybody who's a fan of predestination, mainly because they'd like to think there are possibilities and surprises ahead, yet I know so many people who just love to suck the life out of life's little mysteries and ruin the experience for the rest of us. Thanks a lot, pal, now I'm going to see it all coming.

So if you haven't got a bunch of possibilities for me then you might as well not bother. I'm not interested in single-outcome living, and my attention won't be held for long if I already know where the trail is headed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home