Saturday, July 10, 2004

Doctor says very slowly and gravely "I'm sorry, you don't have long to live. You only have about er ten.." Quickly the man interrupts and demands "What? Years, Months, Weeks?" The doctor continues "Nine..Eight..Seven"

This is just one of the charming posts from a blog called Cancergiggles, written by a chap who is proceding toward death a bit faster than the rest of us. It's very much worth a read, especially if you want to see living (fingers crossed) proof that atheism and merriment are not estranged. As the author, Cass, puts it,

"For those who expect me to turn to God, I will only say that I have no intention of spending my remaining days futilely spinning round in circles looking for something I know to be a myth. The only result would be dizziness.

The following should be said, face to face, to any and all peddlers of religion: If I was in a room with you and two werewolves and I had a gun with two silver bullets, I'd shoot you -- twice."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home