Monday, January 12, 2004

First day of classes went without a hitch, and this semester looks to be especially entertaining in many respects.

Biology class this semester is taught by a chappie who seems to simultaneously delight in the study of animal behavior while despising the human animal in all its forms, particularly the genus Undergratus studentus. He's chock full of wholesome rage; I can't wait to spend three mornings each week watching him simmer.

In contrast, my philosophy of religion class made me do one of those high-school-all-over-again double takes. Run by a teacher who's about as hostile as that 6-foot purple dinosaur, it's full of pretentious sophmores who think they have the slightest clue and they really need to tell you about it. Their adorable rambles about "meaning" and "human society" reveal the thinness of the balloon skin around their egos...and I'm just one giant rusty nail waiting to happen.

My independent research project with the ants is still trucking along, no thanks to me and my winter vacation, and my little unholy army of the night has survived three weeks without my tender loving mercies. The little pretties have been breeding up a storm while I was away, so if you want to have a chance at surviving our hostile take-over I would advise heavy investment in pesticides.

And that's just Day 1. Deeee-lightful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home