Sunday, January 22, 2006

Today is the 33rd anniversary of Roe v. Wade. I was originally hoping to have time for a serious post today, on the topic of why the anti-choice forces aren't particularly interested in actually overturning Roe. I was planning to highlight why keeping Roe as a rallying point is politically useful and why they don't need to get rid of Roe to eliminate reproductive freedom for women.

However, in what I suppose is a very appropriate move, I decided to terminate that post rather than bring it to term. The main reason is that I like to make topics open for debate around here, but abortion is one subject that I am utterly uninterested in debating. I believe that every individual's reproductive choices are their own goddam business and I have no interest in talking to people who believe in sticking their bossy little noses up my uterus.

So here's a link dump instead. Read them, or don't.

Ampersand writes the post I was planning to write


NARAL's Women Are Waiting site (Please tell me none of my readers are stupid enough to believe that Plan B is "abortion.")

Lies, and the Lying Anti-Choice "Crisis Pregnancy Centers" That Tell Them

PZ Myers gives us the numbers
(Fun fact: 1 in 3 American women will have an abortion by the time she is 45. Do you know three women?)

The Last Abortion Clinic

The Only Moral Abortion Is My Abortion

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home